Food Allergy Tip: Prepare Your Foods Properly to Reduce Food Allergies
How you cook and prepare your food for cooking has an impact on your reaction to food allergies.
Here are a few things to consider with your food preparation to reduce your exposure and reaction to food allergies.
- Cooking foods eliminates bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites. Eating under-cooked or raw foods will increase your risk of exposure to these critters.
- If you eat raw foods, always clean raw foods properly, since they can carry mycotoxins, bacteria, ,fungi and parasites.
- Use proper cooking equipment (glass, iron or enamel pots and pans) to avoid ingesting chemicals and metals found in plastics, Teflon, and aluminum and stainless steel (nickel alloy).
- All fruits that can be peeled should be, as peels often collect mold.
- Thoroughly cleanse peel-free fruits such as grapes, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, and if you find one moldy berry in the box, the rest of the berries may be contaminated. Better to throw out than be sorry!
Not sure which things you are sensitive to? Get to your local allergy elimination practitioner for NRT (Neuromuscular Response Testing). Fifty-sixty percent of traditional allergy testing (blood IgE and Skin Scratch Testing) are false positive. NRT can help where traditional testing leaves off.
The Health and Wellness Center
Chiropractic, Body Shapes Weight Loss,
Allergy Elimination, Posture Rehabilitation